Why Live in Coastal Delaware Real Estate
TOP 10 REASONS TO LIVE HERE!
1. SIGNIFICANT TAX ADVANTAGES
- NO state sales tax. NO state tax on Social Security benefits. NO personal property taxes.
- One of the lowest property tax rates in the nation!
- First time home buyers in Delaware may be eligible for a federal income tax credit of up to $2,000/year.
2. GREAT LOCATION
- Delaware is within driving distance of several regional hubs including Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington D.C., & New York City.
3. STUNNING NATURAL RESOURCES
- Incredible beaches, state & county parks, and miles of biking & hiking trails.
- Delaware boasts 26 miles of Atlantic Ocean coastline, 25 miles of Delaware Bay coastline, and 115 miles of inland bay coastline – the perfect environment for diverse wildlife and outdoor activities.
- The Natural Resources Defense Council’s “Testing the Waters 2014 – A Guide to Water Quality at Vacation Beaches”, June 2014 ranked Delaware first out of 30 states for overall water quality.
4. AWARD-WINNING TOWNS
- Coastal Living magazine’s article “Discover Coastal Dream Towns,” referred to Lewes as “A Sleeper by the Bay.”
- Parents Magazine (June 2013) named Rehoboth Beach one of America’s “10 Best Beach Towns for Families”.
- Family Vacation Critic Magazine (March 2013) ranked Rehoboth Beach in top 10 best beaches for families, and Sea Witch
- Festival, held in late October, as #1 of the 10 Best Fall Beach Festivals.
5. RESTAURANTS & NIGHTLIFE
- From upscale coastal cuisine to best-kept local secrets, our beach towns are home to hundreds of award-winning restaurants.
- The Coastal Delaware region also boasts some of the most exciting nightlife in the Mid-Atlantic region.
6. DIVERSE AND ECLECTIC ORGANIZATIONS
- Lewes Historical Society | Clear Space Theatre Company |The Freeman Stage | Rehoboth Art League |Cannon Ball Maritime House | Discoversea Shipwreck Museum |Indian River Life-Saving Station | Lightship Overfalls Maritime Museum | Milton Historical Society | Nanticoke Indian Museum | Rehoboth Beach Film Society | Zwaanendael Museum
7. EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
- A diverse selection of public and private schools service the Coastal Delaware region; from award-winning preschools, elementary schools, high schools, universities, and life-long learning institutions.
8. ACTIVITIES & SPORTS
Delaware’s natural environment offers an endless supply of outdoor recreation from hiking or biking the Breakwater Trail, kayaking the inland bays and estuaries, or enjoying a round of golf at one of several local clubs. Additionally, Delaware has been ranked the Most Bicycle-Friendly State East of the Mississippi River.
State Parks & Hiking Trails
Junction & Breakwater Trail | Cape Henlopen State Park | Trap Pond State Park | Gordon Pond Wildlife Area | Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuge | Assawoman Bay State Wildlife Area
9. TAX FREE SHOPPING
Charming local boutiques, along with the Tanger Outlets located on Route One, make for a shopper’s paradise.
10. EVENTS & FESTIVALS
- Exciting events and festivals are held throughout Coastal Delaware all year long, including: Sea Witch Halloween & Fiddlers Festival | Rehoboth Film Festival | Bethany Beach Boardwalk Arts Festival | East Coast Skimboarding Championships | The Freeman Stage Arts & Jazz Festival | Dewey Beach Triathlon | Elvisfest | Lewes / Rehoboth Fall & Spring Sidewalk Sales | Boast the Coast Maritime Festival | Coast Day | Greyhounds Reach the Beach | Rehoboth Beach Jazz Festival | Local Farmers Market in Lewes & Rehoboth Beach